July 2 to August 14, 2021
Ages 12 to 18
Our All-Ages program will include:
- A special delivery package to your home
- An in-person individual audition (with option for a video audition.)
- Detailed audition feedback
- A lead role in one section of the show, as well three chorus roles in the other three sections
- Access to professional instructional videos
- Live Zoom lessons and rehearsals
- Teen Circle Chats
- One-on-One Lesson
- The Final Performance (with Covid-19 safety protocols in place)
- A Professional Final Video
- An epic outdoor end-of-summer Cast Party!
A special delivery package to your home (early June) will include:
- your script,
- sheet music, and
- DIY elements for your 4 costumes
(Value: Approximately $120)
- An in-person individual audition at either the Gladstone Theatre (in Ottawa), or Code’s Mill on the Park (in Perth) to be scheduled between July 2 – 5 (with the option to submit a video audition instead).
- This process is designed to be safe, fun, supportive and confidence-building – not intimidating! And everyone will be cast in a starring lead role!
- Detailed audition feedback will be provided by the Academy staff to boost your confidence, and help you improve your audition skills!
- Each student will be cast in a lead role in one section of the show (Hamilton, Wicked, Frozen 2 or The Greatest Showman – your choice!), with a singing solo and several lines, as well three chorus roles in the other three sections of the show.
- We strive to make all lead roles as equal in size and scope as possible, so that every student is a star!
Live Zoom lessons and rehearsals will take place each week for four weeks (July 12 – August 4).
Vocal and dance technique lessons will be taught live on Zoom (Monday and Tuesday evenings).
On Wednesday evenings, full cast Zoom rehearsals will take place in small groups.
- Teen Circle Chats – Students are invited to participate in the Academy’s famous “teen circle chats” (on Zoom this year), where life issues expressed by the themes of the shows are presented and discussed in a safe space.
- One-on-One Lesson – Each student registered in the Advanced Teen program will have the opportunity to schedule a 45-minute individual Zoom lesson with one of the Academy staff to rehearse and receive feedback on their performance material.
- You will also have access to high quality instructional videos. Our professional staff will teach the vocals (including harmonies), the blocking for the acting scenes, and the choreography for all sections of the show, as well as how to make your costumes at home from the provided materials, and stage makeup tutorials. These videos may be watched on demand, whenever, and as often as, you wish.
- This workshop will be more challenging (e.g. added vocal harmonies, advanced choreography, etc.) than the all-ages program, giving our experienced students a chance to further hone their skills.
- The Final Performance will take place the week of August 8 – 14 at the Gladstone Theatre in Ottawa!
- Students will be scheduled for a 90-minute performance time in small groups of 6 to 8, where Covid safety protocols will be in place.
- With full lights, sound, makeup and costumes, each student will be a star on stage, and their amazing performance will be captured by a professional videographer!
- A Professional Final Video, edited to include Zoom rehearsal recordings and the final Gladstone stage performances will be provided to each student at the end of the summer!
We are planning for an epic outdoor end-of-summer Cast Party!
Following Covid safety protocols at the time, we will plan to have an end-of-summer party at an outdoor location in Ottawa, where we can sing, dance, and safely socialize together with our fellow cast members! (More details to follow once the safety protocols are known.) What a fabulous way to end an incredible summer together.